Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Mid-Week Check-In, Week Five

Here we are mid-week again! If you haven’t had a chance to post or respond to your fellow TAWers, now’s the time. A few highlights for me:

Pam is learning to protect herself from people who are drains on her creative energy. Stephanie too!

Stephanie also shares three great examples of synchronicity in her life last week—one involving a cat named Minnie. (Anything with a cat gets my immediate and undivided attention!)

Ginny reminds us of the Albert Einstein quote: "There are two ways to live your life; one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle."

Linda is using her morning pages, in part, as a gratefulness journal—a powerful tool I’ve used in the past to remind myself of that Einstein quote above. She also had some significant insights about projecting self-anger on others around her.

topangamaria got unexpected, “miraculous” support from her intimidating doctor after standing up to him. Way to be brave!

Janis, who has been telling us from the beginning she’s not really an artist (although she creates wonderful things in the kitchen and plays guitar) signed up for a watercolor class. Yay!

Dianne has been practicing a “no excuses” mantra to carve out time every day for her creative endeavors. She believes, along with Linda, that the group format we’re using for TAW is opening doors for her in ways that going through the book on her own in the past did not do.

June took morning pictures in her neighborhood—like a tourist in her own town. (Love that idea!) She also spoke of approaching TAW this time with “contemplation and intention” and what a difference that’s making.

There’s been a lot more conversation between y’all this week—I love it. June, we’ll figure out a format to make it easier to do that next time. (Next time? Hmm…) Thanks to all for sharing your insights and your lives. I'll be interested to hear about your experiences around abundance next week. I know I’ll have some interesting things to share!

4 comments:

  1. I like the short summary idea, Barbara!! Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good, I'm glad this is helpful--I'll keep doing it! Platform 9-3/4, like all of us, is a work in progress. :-)

    ReplyDelete