One more weekly check-in, from Nancy. She says she keeps thinking about dropping out, so if you're finding your journey through The Artist's Way a positive experience for your creative life, maybe a word of encouragement would be apropos....
Hope the week is going well for you all. Are you listening to your anger? Experiencing synchronicity? Discovering any secret shame? Or is it proving to be a sluggish week, a setback in your creative recovery?
I'd comment on other's comments, but my computer and I can't find them.
ReplyDeleteI did find "Starry, Starry Night" and it was beautiful. I'm currently making a flower bowl out of clay that has an interesting flair created out of slip on a high-rag paper. The views of Van Gogh suggested to me that I might do an oil painting of a version of the final result of the bowl: filled with iris flowers and their leaves. The clay bowl has been fired and this week I'll glaze it: the inside a turbulent blue which, of course will dribble over the edges, a Celadon which suggests the lightened Veridian of iris leaves and the purple/blue iris flowers. Small highlights of Fire Opal glaze will bring the whole thing to life! (I hope) To complete the still life painting, I'll have a pair of scissors on the table along with stems and flowers to add to the arrangement in the bowl. For the painting, I still need to figure out the color of the table and the color of the wall beyond the still life.
ReplyDeleteSounds beautiful, Pam.
DeleteNancy.
That sounds lovely, Pam! When it's all finished, maybe you'll send a photo I can share here. I'm glad the Van Gogh slide show inspired you. I found it so beautiful it brought tears to my eyes.
ReplyDelete